1. Can I apply SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Colour to a surface that has been treated with SAICOS House & Garden Colour?
2. Can I apply SAICOS House & Garden Colour to a surface that has been treated with SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Colour?
3. Does a final coat of SAICOS UV Protective Wood Finish Exterior provide additional UV protection for the existing coat?
4. I have wood with a lot of knots. How can I prevent knots penetrating?
5. Can I use SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Colour for doors and windows?
6. Why does the same transparent paint look so different on different woods?
7. Does white SAICOS House & Garden Colour yellow in light/dark areas, such as in winter gardens or the undersides of roofs?
8. How can I protect the cutting edges of my wooden deck from water?
9. Should I coat the cut edges of my wooden terrace before or after coating with Special Wood Oil?
10. I have a floor with bevel and would like to coat it with SAICOS Oil Ground Coat. What should I do?
11. The coloured Oil Ground Coat turned out to be too light. How can I make it darker?
12. The coloured Oil Ground Coat turned out to be too dark. How can I make it lighter?
13. Can I change the gloss level of the final coating by polishing, etc.?
14. I have a wood floor in the bathroom / kitchen. What should I take into account?
15. There are walking marks in the floor. How do I handle them?
16. Can I renovate my floor partially?
17. What should I take into account with underfloor heating?
18. Is the SAICOS Oil Ground Coat / Ecoline Oil Ground Coat a stand-alone coating?
19. What happens if I have applied too little material during coating?
20. Can I mix the colours together?
21. The coloured floor has stains after applying the SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil. What happened, what should I do?
22. The floor looks too dark after the final coat. How do I make it lighter when the coating has already dried?
23. How can I renovate an old oiled surface?
24. The Hardwax-Oil surface is still wet after the specified drying time. What should I do?
25. There are roller marks after applying the SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil. What should I do?
1: This is not possible without sanding first.
2: Yes, this is possible without sanding. Clean the surface thoroughly before application.
3: Yes. SAICOS UV Protective Wood Finish Exterior provides an additional UV protection.
4: We recommend using SAICOS Primer White as a base coat.
5: No. SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Colour does not have anti-blocking properties. This means that the application film at the point where two coated surfaces meet cannot be separated without causing damage. We recommend our favorites for windows and doors, our anti-blocking SAICOS House & Garden Colour.
6: The colour result depends on a range of factors. Aside from the wood type and quality,
for example, the wood sanding is also important.
We recommend a trial application on the original wood, in order to get the most
precise idea possible of the later colour tone.
7: No. Since we use high quality pigments for all our paints, they tend not to yellow.
8: Coat them with our End-Grain Sealing Wax.
9: Please coat your deck with SAICOS Special Wood Oil first.
You can then treat the cut edges with End-Grain Sealing Wax.
10: Coat the bevel with the Floor Brush and buff it with the white pad.
11: SAICOS Oil Ground Coat / Ecoline Oil Ground Coat can be applied a second time after drying.
12: Immediately rub the floor with SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oiland cotton cloths without allowing to dry.
13: No, this is not possible. We offer 4 different gloss levels of our SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil for this reason.
14: This floor should be coated just like any normal floor.
However, care of the floor might be more intensive.
15: This surface should be treated with SAICOS Wax Care / Ecoline Wax Care.
16: Yes. Simply sand the area to be renovated and coat with SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil.
Please observe the technical data sheet.
17: The underfloor heating must shut off before coating (2 – 3 days).
Do not switch back on until 8 hours after the final coating.
18: No. The oil primer must always be given a top coat after the drying time.
You can choose between the SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oils and the Ecoline MultiTop Laquer System.
19: The floor looks patchy. Apply another coat.
20: Yes. The colours of the individual product ranges can be mixed together.
(Do not mix colours from different product ranges!)
21: Unfortunately, the final coat was applied before the base coat had dried. The floor must
be sanded and recoated.
22: Unfortunately, it must be completely sanded off and recoated.
23: Clean it with Ecoline Magic Cleanser and wipe with water. After a drying time of 4 hours, coat the entire surface with Premium Hardwax-Oil once (spatula and pad).
24: The Premium Hardwax-Oil will definitely dry completely. Ensure sufficient ventilation by opening all windows and doors.
If required, a fan can be placed in the doorway.
25: In this case, the floor must be sanded and re-coated after the coating has completely dried.
For more information, please read our current Technical Datasheets.